Sunday, March 4, 2012

Trip Report: Finally, A Little Fishing

Today's temps reached up to near 50 degrees and I had few plans. The conditions were perfect for me to go fishing! After hibernating for most of the winter, tying flies and selling stuff on Ebay, I decided to use the spinning rod. I never have much luck in big rivers or in winter so I hopped this would increase my odds. I arrived at the Middle Fork of the Flathead River shortly after 1:00 and began working upstream. 
Today was beautifully sunny but a little on the windy side. I rounded the first bend hoping for respite from the wind, but winds snaked down the river corridor consistently. I wasn't going to last long without catching a fish.
 Luckily, this guy came to hand pretty quick! He hit the generic super duper at around 5 feet deep. I hoisted him for a quick picture and after one snap my camera died, so I quickly released him. As he swam away I admired his green, spotted back. He was the only fish of the day and after about 1.5 hrs I headed home.
Next weekend should see temps in the mid 50's so I'll be back at it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment