Tuesday, December 6, 2011

More Waiting By The Phone...

Today I am again stuck waiting for work. Between searching for jobs I've been looking at some fishing sites from around the Midwest. This inspired me to go deep into the history of my emails to bring up some sent fish pictures from my bro, which I thought were gone with my last hard-drive. These pictures made me both miss home and excited for next season!


These three pigs came on buzz baits and/or pr dubs. Sorry about the nip shot! I really like fishing from the kayak because it is easy to maneuver once you get a basic feel for resistance from the wind, current, or lure. I have a pretty basic setup but it does the trick. Here in Montana I'm going to fish sub alpine lakes and some smaller rivers from the 'yak. In rivers such as the Flathead I may paddle up stream, shore hopping to target trout in some areas, and monster pike in others. I'd like to rig up something with wheels to take the the boat to lakes requiring a short hike (prob. 3 miles max). 
 I caught this guy on the Wisconsin River near Stevens Point. This is my favorite pike picture. And yes, that is my blood on his gill plate. I had to reach about 2 feet down from shore to grab him and he wasn't played out. He thrashed and those monster teeth got me. I didn't realize it until the moment the fish swam free that my hand bled. He was somewhere around 30 inches.
 This skinny pike came during a day when my bro and I landed a low estimate of 35 small pike and a few nice small mouths on the day. Stay tuned for a few smallies from the trip!
Here's a little walleye actin' all tough.
I wore a look of pure excitement on my face after pulling this nice river smallie out of the logjam behind me. I found this southeastern wisco spot during my last summer in college. Lots of pike, lots of current, lots of smallies.
I caught this guy on the next cast upstream with the buzzbait. After ferrying the boats to another spot downstream I had a monster smallie jump out of the water for the buzz, but I missed him. I know its hard to believe one could have a 50 or 60 fish day in Montana let alone SE Wisconsin, but I've had those days in both places.
I only hooked into a massive smallie on the fly twice. In one spot I pulled one 19" on a size 16 pheasant tail and another on a small hares ear both tied by my brother. Most of them came off store bought deer hair divers stripped quickly just beneath the surface.
 There are three spots that open for an early c&r season beginning January 1 in Wisconsin and I hope to get out their while we're there for Christmas. I stumbled upon all three spots in summer while on an otherwise unsuccessful trout adventure/scouting trip.
Here's a massive spring pond brown that came from one of those special season Wisconsin ponds. I landed him by hand, snapped a quick photo, and watched him swim off strong. After this fish I started carrying my net on every trip. I spot fished him with a small gray hares ear.

And while typing this I got the call for work tomorrow!
-Cash Money-

No comments:

Post a Comment