Monday, December 5, 2011

Sitting By The Phone...

I've been sitting around tying flies while waiting for UPS to beckon me away to deliver Christmas cheer to the residents of Kalispell. I just got some dry hooks in the mail so I've been tying up a reserve of skittering caddis, as well as a few experimental variations to tease the cutthroats.
 I'm going to get a good reserve of this fly, the royal wulff, which is a great fly for cutthroats.
 The first fly is a skittering caddis. The second is a small stimulator with a red butt. Red is a good color for cutties and I'm sure I'll go through a fare share both of these patterns.
This is what the fish see!
This dark green one will be great in early fall. I've tied quite a few of these with minor variations.
By Christmas I hope to have this jar filled.

 I had such good luck with the sunken caddis last season, and such bad luck with an nymph fishing, I decided to try some different sunken caddis patterns. They have a great buggy look.

2 comments:

  1. very nice flies you have here, thanks for adding me to your blog roll, i returned the favor and will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Blake. I've got to keep tabs on WI tribs and Driftless streams! Keep up the good fishin'

    ReplyDelete