Thursday, January 5, 2012

Tying Up A Storm

I'm back in Wisconsin until Sunday afternoon and with tomorrows predicted high in the mid 40's I'd be a fool to not use my Wisco license one last time. There are three spring ponds that open for trout fishing January 1st and I'm going to fish two of them tomorrow. In preparation for chasing winter brookies I've revived my midge box with some new sizes, colors, and styles.
Last season I caught a 17 inch brookie from one of these spring ponds but I forgot my camera, so of course no proof! The first time I stopped at these ponds I spotted a few huge brookies. Until I caught one I thought some bucket biologists dumped in a few bass. I have see a big 'ol pike in there. Anyway, I hope to pull in a few bigguns on little flies.

For the last week I've spent almost every free moment tying up zebra midges for sale. Anybody interested?
 Stay Tuned: We'll see how well these flies work tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment