Thursday, September 6, 2012

Trip Report: Complete Failure

Last night a big cold front came through the valley so I headed over to the mainstem of the Flathead River to chase some trouts! I walked about a mile down the shoreline from a popular point of access hoping to find eager cutthroats looking upward. I found 'em but they were not interested in anything I offered. I threw the box at them too. At one point at least 30-40 were surfacing all around me...It was the most frustration I've felt in a while which is saying something considering my line of work! I did get out over the Labor Day weekend and managed a number of decent brookies. No pics of them but I found some beautiful sights!
 I only brought one fly to this spot and lost it after catching around 20 brookies of various sizes. Next time the entire fly box will accompany us on our adventure.
Pretty pretty.
 I like the clouds in this one! We'll be out of town this weekend but some of the best hiking and fishing is coming up...

No comments:

Post a Comment