Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Trip Report: Smoke On (or above) The Water

After a fire southeast of here flared up a few days ago the valley filled with smoke. I ventured out to a local lake in the Salish Mountains looking for respite from the smoke. I did not find relief...but I did find Grayling and Cutthroats!
 Lilly pads circled the lake for the first hundred feet. I caught a bunch of nice grayling casting a deer hair caddis about five feet off the edges. When the wind died they really started jumping around.
After the first hour that I spent deep nymphing I needed to start catching fish. After switching to the caddis I caught around a dozen grayling and one decent cutthroat!
After a long day and a treacherous drive I'm glad I took the trip. I hope to get up here one more time this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment