Friday, November 25, 2011

Foam Hoppers Galore

For the last few days I've been practicing my foam hopper patterns so that I can tie them for sale next summer. I had a little trouble at first but I think they're starting to come together!
 This is the gang. I'm going to tie a mason jar full of hoppers and one full of caddis patterns so that I can just grab a few any time I need them. Too often this summer I found myself tying up a quick few on my way out the door.

 I think these guys will do the trick.
 These split-wing foam hoppers are a little different style than the above pattern in that the wings are split and the white fluff gives the fly a "cashed" appearance.

I really like this pink, red, and purple split-wing. The purple and pink is a popular color combo here in Montana. I think the red fluff should be especially attractive to the monster cutthroats of the S. Fork of the Flathead! I think these hoppers should be good for a few of these late next summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment