Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Trip Report: Another Beautiful Spring Day

With the sun high in the sky and temperatures in the upper 60's I took a short lunch today so I could get fishin' early. After tossing the kayak in the trunk and driving a short distance to the lake I decided to paddle the full circumference of the lake, casting intermittently. With polarized sun glasses you can see to the bottom in over 20 feet of water. I never spot many fish except on follow ups. Today I spotted three bigguns and around the same number of average sized ones. 
 This guy hit in about a foot of water. He fought as well as he could in such shallow water but came to hand after only a short battle. I had one other fish on for just a second. He sucked down my lure about five feet from the kayak, I set the hook and he ran, leaping strait out of the water and shaking loose the treble hook... Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment