Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Trip Report: The Wife and I

Today the wife and I stopped at a local fishin' hole after work for a short walk. Of course my rod was in the car and so came with us! The weather was sunny and windy with temperatures in the upper 40's. As soon as we stepped out of the car a very friendly pup came to greet us.
We played fetch for a little while and she ended up following us around the lake. We later found out that somebody left her there and there was already a call in to animal control. If we could have a pup at our apartment I would have scooped her up!
Casting was difficult but I managed to land a few good ones. I missed a few hook sets but I managed a few fish.
One fish put up a huge fight but snapped me off before showing himself. Maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment