Monday, April 9, 2012

Trip Report: A Beautiful Spring Day

Today was a beautiful spring day...
...so I went fishing!!!

The water level on this lake is quite a bit higher than when I fished it last December.  When I fished here in winter I fished out of the 'yak I only caught a skinny 16 inch rainbow trout. This time, again in the kayak, I managed to pull in two decent bows.
I cast the super duper toward shore and pulled it back in at varying speeds. The water was incredibly clear so I paddled paying special attention to the sandy and rocky bottom searching for trout. Paddling over 16+ inch trout is frustrating but happened a few times today. One 20+ was spotted!
This lake is over 200 feet deep and up in the mountains. Fishing in this lake is fishing above the valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment