Sunday, April 1, 2012

Trip Report: A Break In The Weather

After a week or so of rain I felt the itch to get out and fish. I stopped at the Flathead near town yesterday but the river was a good five feet higher than when I left it last Sunday. With the Flathead out of the picture and no other immediate options I headed to a small spring pond. I immediately missed a few little rainbows on a deer hair skittering caddis and after a few minutes the fish began surfacing less frequently, so I switched to a gray hares ear. I immediately began catching small stocker rainbows. 
After catching these only a few feet off the bank I set my rig deeper and started dredging for monsters.
This bow has beautiful colors. As I dragged this one in I spotted 3 good sized fish chasing it around! I cast in the direction of where they scurried off to and watched my indicator immediately dart under.
 Rainbows are fast becoming my favorite prey. I may still try to get out to another spot in town after I eat lunch so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment