Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Week In Review

The weather has been improving steadily and run off is off and running. I fished a few lakes this week and found a couple hungry rainbows. This guy ate a zebra midge emerger.
After switching to a hares ear the fish really took notice.

 While I was towing these hefty lil buggers in I overheard a few kids talking like my bro and I used to talk. They were talking loudly about one of the kids first times out fishing. The loudest kid got all excited and shouted, "Do you remember the time that Mikey stepped on the fish and it farted?" The kids had a great laugh and I stood on the other side of the lake snickering.

I took a short hike to explore some new water earlier in the week. Conditions were right but no fish were caught or even spotted.
 This spot reminds me of fishing back in Wisconsin in the inner city, although this tunnel was thoroughly tagged by christian artists.

I also managed to find time to paddle around Foys Lake.
 This midge hatch escaped the fishes attention. Maybe if the water was a little less choppy...
So I used a big ol spinner. I missed a couple short nips but managed to connect with this one. I think she was ready to pop with eggs so I fought her quickly and released her to produce more fishies!

No comments:

Post a Comment