Tuesday, May 29, 2012

East Side Glacier Photos

I'll get it out of the way right away. We saw a couple of Grizzly Bears.
They call this inlet on the lake their love shack.
 We felt our nerves a little more after this as we began our hike out of Many Glacier. But first we grilled up some Johnsonvilles! As we pulled in we spotted some mountain goats near a high alpine ridge.
The trail led past three lakes! The first had some beautiful waterfalls at it's inlet.
We hiked over lots of snow too! And near the end of the passable section of the trail we heard what sounded like an avalanche come from the snow free mountain above us.
A flurry of goats raced off of a rocky ledge and spread out as they slowed. We also spotted many moose prints and some bear scat! After hiking around 5 miles in we turned around at a bridge-less creek passage. We moved on to check out a few other areas and left the park for the long drive around the park and home.

4 comments:

  1. sick looking country, unreal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spend as much time here as I can afford!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clay - I want some of these pictures to frame! Do you think you can send some to me - I'll pay you for them.

      Delete
  3. Sue, fortunately I can afford to spend a lot of time here! You don't have to pay...I'll send them tonight when I'm done fishing!

    ReplyDelete