Saturday, May 12, 2012

Trip Report: To My Happy Place

Today the wife and I went to our happy place!
We encountered a good amount of snow after a two mile hike in. As you can see from the right side of the picture there were quite a few people on the trail and at the lake. Bears can be pretty active in this area during spring so the crowd was comforting. My new Fenwick Eagle GT, a worthy investment for anyone looking for a solid inexpensive rod, accompanied us on the journey.
 Just before this guy came to hand a fella at the lake asked if he could get footage of my casting. I gave him the ok and on the next cast a chunky Westslope Cutthroat bit my homespun prince nymph. Somewhere out there the footage exists! I didn't snap a pic but rather held the fish in front of the camera for the guy.
This is the last victim of the day. He his a gray hares ear skated near the surface. A few struck my foam hopper indicator but none were big enough to suck it down. While casting I noticed some movement from above.
 The picture on the left shows some white mountain goats. One the left the camera is zoomed way in. They spent the whole time we were up at the lake climbing around those steep rocky ledges. Neat to see!
I can't wait to take my bro up to this spot in a few weeks! I'll be fishing here a lot this summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment