Monday, May 28, 2012

Trip Report: Fool Me Once...

Today the brother, his girlfriend, the wife, and I took another trip to our happy place at Glacier National Park. We hiked one of the most popular trails in the park in search of native Westslope Cutthroat Trout!  I struck first with a little cuttie. The brothers girlfriend struck next with another little cuttie. Then I moved deeper into the misty glacial cirque in search of bigger and better prey.
 The forecast called for rain and snow in the park but we saw very little of either. Check out the waterfalls in the bottom picture. It was hard to focus on the task at hand but broseph overcame his beautiful surroundings to haul in a few cutties.
I also managed a dozen or so.
When my bro and I were young we learned to fish from my mom and dad. Dad was patient enough to relinquish his rod any time I got a tangle and I usually pulled in a fish while he struggled with my rats nest. Today, the wife was the one getting tangled. I taught her how to do a short roll cast (10 feet or so). She ended up catching 3 little cutties by the time I fixed her up.

The wife definitely had the fastest catch rate, hauling in three in about 5 minutes. She still won't touch 'em though.

No comments:

Post a Comment