Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Trip Report: Post Storm Prince Nymph

Today saw rain, a little hail, and a flurry or two...and then sun!
 
I met a fellow angler at the parking lot and learned that the fish were running large and fighting hard. Full of expectation I tied on a pink pookie foam hopper with a prince nymph dropper. The trout took notice. First I hauled in a foot long cutthroat with distinct red slash marks under it's gills. I decided against a picture and continued fishing.
 This beat up bow was the biggest of the first hour of fishing.
After an initial burst of enthusiasm most of the foot longs came in without fuss. I missed or hooked for a short moment a number of hefty buggers but only brought one bigger fishy to hand.
He put up such a good fight I only hefted him out of the water for a quick photo. I wish I would have gotten a better shot but I'm glad he was able to swim away strong. He munched a brown hares ear.

A lot of water is opening up and I'm looking forward to hitting some higher elevation waters soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment