Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hiking Trip Report: Mount Brown Lookout Tower

Today a friend and I hiked up to the Mount Brown Lookout Tower in Glacier Nat'l Park. 
 We hike 1.6 miles to the trailhead, then 3.4 miles strait up!
 One of my friends recommended that we take this hike. After admiring the views for a bit I started looking around at the lookout. I found a fire service log book that hikers use as a guest book. I opened the book to about half way and began reading the entries. At the bottom of the first page I saw my friends name and the name of the person he hiked it with almost a year earlier!
 This was by far the hardest hike I have ever done. We were spurred on by loads of huckleberries along the trails 5 miles of moderate to steep switchbacks. We met very few people on the trail. We made it to the top in 3 hours of grueling hiking. We got to the bottom in 1.5 hours! 

Stay Tuned: We'll be heading out to the Jewel Basin again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment