Monday, August 27, 2012

Trip Report: Fishing For My Dinner

While my old man was in town today I decided to take off work and try and catch us some dinner! Between the two of us we caught around 25 brookies, bows, cutties, and browns. Upon arrival at the river I warned the old man that we should be on the lookout for bears. We fished in opposite directions and we only had my bear spray so I told him to make lots of noise. We pulled a few nice brookies out of the first spot and we were on our way. 
As we pulled past where my pa was fishing we spotted this wet footed black bear. He must have been cooling off in the stream when dad stumbled around the bend singin' and retreated to the road. It's a good sign that he wanted nothing to do with us!
 We have been experiencing a lot of haze from a big 'ol fire in Idaho so we didn't get the best views of the surrounding mountains but it was still a beautiful day to catch some fish with my papa.
And we did manage a good meal for my mom and my wife. Dad had to get a two day license but agreed that the meal was well worth the cost!

No comments:

Post a Comment