Saturday, August 6, 2011

Trip Report: Not too bad

  
The elusive Brown Trout. He liked how the Skittering Caddis looked!
Today was one beautiful brookie after another...
It was nice to have some company on the water today. This guy hung out with me until I continued on. The sun was high in the sky and the water was crystal clear and cool. I had to be sneaky.
Fewer fish than usual today, but bigger on average. More colorful too! This fella was about 12 inches.
I started tying this pattern this morning. I'm not sure what it's supposed to imitate but the Brookies, Cuttbows, and Brownies love 'em!
Another decent Brookie. This guy took the deer hair stimulator and ran with it. At about 11 inches this he put up the best fight of the day. He sipped the fly from the surface and dove back toward the safety of an undercut bank. I steered him away and he went for a downed tree. He put up a tussle but I prevailed!

I ended up with between forty and fifty fish on the day. Most were Brookies, but I managed a few Cuttbows and one Brown. Stay Tuned...I'll be out again tomorrow in search of some lunch!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment