Sunday, August 7, 2011

Operation Brookie Lunch Report 8/7/11

I have always been a catch and release fisherman when it comes to trout, but every once in a while, usually at the request of another, I catch a few for the grill. Today I went out with the wife, a friend, and that friends father. Fishing was tough today so I left the camera in the car and focused all of my energy on catching 'em. I finished the afternoon with eight trout and he got one. We grilled up six right along the creek and devoured them over good conversation and under beautiful skies. Afterward we headed to a pow wow for a taste of local culture.

I feel like I owe anyone who reads this a few photos so here are some big trout and some trouty water!
This beast dwarfed my size 11 wading boot! She came out of a spring pond in Wisconsin last year. Early this spring I got a bigger one out of the same pond but I was caught without my camera.
Here's another pretty brookie!
This was my home stream while at school, a beautiful Central Wisconsin brook trout factory! I've heard a rumor that Trout Unlimited came in here and did a bunch of habitat improvement work. If so, I hope I get the chance to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment