Saturday, August 6, 2011

You've met the fish, now meet the scenery!


This was about as far as I could get up stream on this stretch of the creek until about 2 weeks ago. We had some incredible floods this spring but it seems to have had little effect on the trout populations.
 This was a tributary to my home creek. This is not too high up in the mountains but it's a bit of a hike to get to. I only caught a few tiny Brookies from this pool.
This is the hill that I climb down to get to the canyon stretch of the creek. (1st pic is in the canyons) This stretch is loaded with stocked rainbows with the occasional wild bow. I've also caught a couple odd brookies here too! About 2 weeks ago I had a hundred fish day on this stretch, with about 10 being respectable in size and shape.
Here's more of the canyons. I've rolled a few bigguns with streamers here but I've only pulled out a few little ones.
I have always been able to get a few on the Elk Hair Caddis out of this section. I have been trying to take more pictures of scenery so stay tuned for more pictures of streams, mountains, and of course trout!

No comments:

Post a Comment