Sunday, August 7, 2011

Old Report: 7/3/11 F Reservoir

This was the second time I came to the Reservoir with the Kayak. The first time I brought my fly rod but the wind kept me busy enough to stick to spinning gear. This time I tied up some cone headed leaches and clouser minnows. I decided to take my time getting out there so I took the scenic way. 
Dad thinks this is a Unabomber shack!
The fishing was great! I caught at least forty rainbows. Most were on spinning gear but this and the next one fell for the cone headed leach fly.

This beast had to have been at least 20 inches! I couldn't even get the whole fish in the first photo. She leaped out of the water 5 times...three of those leaps exceeded four feet! It was an exciting fight and I was glad to see her swim away strong.

Twas a good day of fishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment