Thursday, October 27, 2011

Trip Report: A Few Minutes

Today I went back and forth about fishing this evening. Evenings creep into daytime and cold grips the air this time of year. At the last minute I decided to bundle up and fish a spot very close to home. I decided to only fish for a half hour or so. I'm glad I decided to go out! On my first cast I hooked into an 18-19 inch beastbow. After a short fight I pulled him in and grabbed him. As I fiddled with my camera he flopped out of my hand, spit the hook, and shook his fin like a fist at me as he swam away. Not to worry, I did hook into another nice fish about 15 minutes later.
This beast struck a fly of my own invention. Lately orange has done the trick for me. The first nice bow hit on the fly skated over the surface slowly. This guy hit the fly shortly after it touched the surface. The evening started out slow, with a few big fish being the only fish caught. The last fifteen minutes became fast and furious. I caught a bunch of bows around this size.
This guy and around twenty of a similar size gently sipped the fly from the surface. Some wore vibrant reds and greens, while others donned scratches and worn fins characteristic of stocked fish. I want to get out once this weekend and maybe once next week before the move to Kalispell! Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment