Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Trip Report: North West Glacier

This weekend I didn't find nice enough stretch of weather to get too much fishing done in Glacier. I only hopped out a few bridge crossings while I headed through. I didn't catch any fish but I didn't try to hard either.

The mountains wore their fall best, in stunning contrast to the overcast sky. These spots looked great but they must get hammered by people with little time, on their way to Glaciers crown jewels, the lakes.

We went from here to a pretty lake in the mountains west of Kalispell. 
On our way home we went back through Glacier. In a hurry to get home for the Packers game we only stopped for around a half hour to fish. Again I was only able to fish for a few. First, we took a quick dip into the Great Bear Wilderness.
We drove down one road looking for a small tributary to the Flathead River. We found nothing but a beautiful view. 
This spot was on the Flathead. This spot lay no farther than 100 yds from the road. I quickly moved on.
This was my best trip without a catch! I can't wait to get back out here and hike in a little! I will be back...

No comments:

Post a Comment