Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Trip Report: Pretty Good Fer Muddin'

Yesterday, after striking out near Glacier, I decided that I had to get out after work and redeem myself. I fished a new stretch, further north than I have fished on this stream. It was on the prairie, full of cows, and miles off of a dusty road! As I drove down this horrible dirt road
I switched on the radio, to hear a song called (You're)  Pretty Good Fer Muddin'. I think/hope he was talking about his truck. If not, she has a dependable transmission and four big round tires. The river is warmer in this stretch so I hoped to run into some nice browns, but all I met with were rainbows.
I felt like Steve Erwin as I navigated rattlesnake territory with ease to make it to the river. This little trickle actually holds numbers of nice but beat up fish. 
This fairly large rainbow took a perfectly cast foam hopper. He took two good runs, then moved to the center of the pool and flailed in the water until I could pull him in. It was a weird fight. I continued fishing until I reached a beaver dam.

The first one probably measured around 16 inches. The middle one also hit the hopper. He measured near 14 inches. The last one fought pretty good but wasn't as big as I hoped. I only fished for about an hour but I still managed around 10 fish. I headed home with this sunset to my left.
Another great day of fishin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment