Sunday, October 16, 2011

Trip Report: Last Time I Torture Brookies (for a while)

This road leads to brookies! I began fishing about five miles further down. While fishing I decided this would be the last time I torture the brookies for a while. When the spawn is over I'll be back at it.
The taller peaks were obscured by clouds so I hoped to hunt in the shade. The clouds cleared as the day went on but I still got some shade. I also got some brookies!
This guy hit on a gray hares ear drifted slowly along the bottom. After a few smaller ones I switched to an orange deer hair skittering caddis that I tied up as I walked out the door.
I pulled this colorful one and a few other little ones out on the caddis skittered over the deeper pools.
This pool is probably six feet deep and crystal clear. I expected to catch a few in this pool but I found none. Earlier in the season I pulled a few nice ones from under the sticks hanging down at the top of the picture. The next pool proved much better.


After about an hour of torturing the brookies I decided to head to the canyon. I only caught a few little rainbows on the rainbow warrior. Driving toward the canyons I took a picture of the Dr. Seuss hills. I have a lot of fly orders to fill this week so I may not fish much, but if I do get out it will be in search of big bows.

No comments:

Post a Comment