Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Trip Report: Freezing Rainbows

Tonight I got out after work for a short outing. I left town as the temperatures followed me south. I fished about 45 minutes and caught only five or six fish, but some of them were quite nice.
This guy hit first. He measured around 14 inches but must have weighed around 2lbs. I quickly released him and rinsed my hands of his slime. I realized that I had forgotten gloves the minute I pulled my hands out of the water. Chilllllyyyyy!
After a few vibrantly colored little guys I hooked into this guy. At this point the sun had fallen below the horizon so I decided to make the next pool my last spot.
This guy followed the sunken caddis right to my feet before he nipped it! He dove for some sunken cover a few times but I emerged victorious. This was the first time this season fishing in the cold and I'm happy with my success. Another great day of fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment